Thursday, May 26, 2011

How much can I fit in 20KG of luggage?

So, this year's adventure will be a month abroad. I will be spending half of my time in the cold of Iceland and the other half in the unrelenting heat of southern and central Europe. Packing has become quite the challenge especially considering my native Florida heat loving roots. I know how to deal with humid and oppressive heat, it's the cold that's killing my attempts at packing light!

So far, I've picked up very little new clothes and more new "things" from amazon.com. I pieced together a warm weather wardrobe, now I just have to get it all in my pack under 20kg.

So tell me fellow travelers: What is your one absolutely necessary pack item?

2 comments:

  1. I had a similar problem once when traveling from Iceland in -10°C to London in -2°C from where I went to Southeast Asia to 35°C+ and then back to Spain in 10°C - all in 6 weeks and 20kg.

    My advice - pack as little as you can, then cut that in half and only bring what's left.

    Iceland is not as cold as you think! My must have items are black leggings, black jersey skirt and a lightweight dress - the rest just kind of works itself out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Auður. I've seen the advice to pack and half my stuff everywhere and I'm taking it to heart. Your temperature ranges give me hope that I'll find a way.

    ReplyDelete